Monday 7 February 2011

First team meetings

Tomorrow begins year five of my leadership of Professional Learning at my workplace.

We started by forcing people to come together during worktime - we learnt some things but staff wanted more choice.

We then set up teams which focussed on particular areas e.g. use of video, interactivity, feedback. This worked well but people still felt restricted.

This year we have opened it up. Staff choose what area they will focus on developing professionally this year and we will support them through the process.

How?
  • Meet at set times in a year
  • Financially support their interest to the tune of $600 a year.
  • Release them for three days in a year
  • Give broad guidelines but allow staff to choose their area of interest to the fullest extent.
  • Recognise and publish the results of their research and learning.
Tomorrow is a big day because they meet as teams for the first time. They will sit down to work on their Professional Learning Plans. It is a two hour time slot.

I don't know how it will go and I am shitting myself.

As the year goes on I will reveal the theory behind this potential mess and why I am so passionate about it. I want also to keep a record of the process and document it for posterity or 'posterior'.

Keep in touch, now.

No comments:

Post a Comment