Saturday 28 May 2011

Support from the Principal

This week our principal sent out an email with some directions for PLT for the rest of the term and the beginning of term 2. As stated previously, we want teachers to give an interim report of their research early in term 3.
The idea of this is to continue the momentum which starts to wane towards the end of term 3.
Besides the moaning from some people, most took it on the chin. I think this is an important way to keep staff accountable.
He also announced that they will need to present this information at their annual review by the principal.
Some people are already coming to me to show what they have done. Sometimes it's hard to be interested but a lot of this stuff is blowing me away. We are so lucky to have such an incredibly creative group of teachers at our school.
Meeting five is coming up this Tuesday but not before TK and I participate in some CELT training. I have lots of ideas here but I want to particularly focus on how to enter a set of lessons that flow and how to add a variety of student work so that other teachers can help with the moderation process.
To the batcave...

1 comment:

  1. I really like this blog post, it has some great info. Thank you and keep up good work

    ReplyDelete